Our Shipping Process and Policy
Once your new furniture pieces arrive at our climate-controlled distribution center, we unload and inspect each piece. All inventory is meticulously tracked, reviewed, and prepped for shipping. The shipping processes includes additional inspection, pad-wrapping, and strapping your items for safe travel.
We blanket-wrap your furniture and strap it down for safe travel.
We assemble every piece and clean up as though we were never there. We place your new furniture exactly as you want it in the room of your choice.
As part of our Premium White Glove Delivery service, we will bring the item(s) into your home, carry them up to 2 flights of stairs, and dispose of the packaging materials.
Our white glove deliveries are made Tuesday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Orders must be paid in full, before delivery
- Deliveries changed or canceled within 48 hours of scheduled delivery will incur a $99 redelivery charge.
- Rooms must be ready to accept delivery – delivery service teams cannot move or remove existing furniture.
- Delivery teams will not remove, disconnect, or reconnect electronic equipment.
- Snow and other obstacles must be removed to allow unobstructed access for the delivery team. Cabot House has the right to reschedule the delivery if the delivery team is not able to access the area due to obstruction, and a $99 re-delivery fee will be charged.
- Cabot House Furniture reserves the right to cancel and reschedule deliveries during hazardous weather conditions.
- At the time of delivery, we require someone 18 years of age or older to be home to accept the delivery. If no one is present at the scheduled time of delivery, a re-delivery fee of $99 will apply.
- Deliveries outside of Cabot House Furniture’s local delivery area are subject to different terms and conditions for delivery and service. Long-distance delivery prices depends on location and quantity.
Fitting Furniture In
We do our best to take every care possible when delivering the furniture into your home. On a rare occasion, if a piece of furniture is a tight fit we may ask you to approve our attempt to fit your furniture upon the understanding that we cannot be responsible for any damage.
Our delivery professionals are not permitted to move furniture already in your home, nor are they allowed to move or set up electrical equipment. To facilitate delivery, please clear the space where furniture or rugs will be placed prior to delivery.
Cabot House Furniture offers a split ship delivery option to receive multiple deliveries for additional fees. Please speak to an associate for availability and limitations on split ships.
Custom & Special Order Delivery
Custom and special orders are made to order and can have estimated production times from a manufacturer. The timeframe for production completion on these items cannot be guaranteed as they are at the discretion of the individual manufacturer. Delivery dates for custom orders can only be determined after the last item has arrived in the Cabot House Distribution Center.
If delivery time is a primary concern, please discuss this concern prior to purchase with a Cabot House representative. Cabot House sales associates are happy to assist you in your choice of home furnishings, but the final decision on style, fabric, and finish are yours. Please review your final order carefully. Once an order is placed and goes into production at the manufacturing headquarters, there can be no cancellation.
Inspection and Acceptance Upon Delivery
If your furniture is damaged in any way upon delivery by either Cabot House or by a third-party shipper, the customer must note the damage on the shipper’s freight bill and refuse delivery. Should you accept any items that are damaged, we cannot and will not be obligated to accept a return or assist you in processing warranty claims that would result in repair, replacement, or discount on such items.